1. Add a fresh juice to your day. I love this easy, liver function-booster from Michael T.Murray’s Complete Book of Juicing: 2cm slice ginger, 3 apples cut into wedges, ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Juice the ginger, followed by the apples. Pour into a glass, add the cinnamon and stir.
2. Spend 10 minutes morning or night doing active relaxation to move the nervous system from fight or flight to heal and repair mode. Try the free app Yoga Nidra Lite.
3. Stretch every part of your body, after you have warmed up, to maintain lifelong flexibility. Try https://www.verywellfit.com/relaxing-total-body-stretches-1231150
4. Take a high quality multi-vitamin and mineral supplement to boost nutritional status, unless you are a perfect eater under no stress! I like USANA’s Cellsentials.
5. Filter your tap water – no plastic bottles, thanks – and drink more of it. Avanti's Fluid Vacuum Bottle in Rose Gold, from David Jones, fits the health and style bill.
6. Switch the sugar in your tea or coffee to organic Stevia.
7. Watch a funny show or youtube video. Laughter creates nitric oxide in the body that relaxes blood vessel walls for heart health and sets off a chain of feelgood chemicals.
8. Switch from dairy milk in your latte to coconut, almond, or organic soy. Approximately 65 per cent of people have a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy.
9. Use your bath or shower to de-stress and detox. Add chemical-free washes or organic oils that contain pure lavender, ylang ylang, frankincense or other appealing scents. Throw some Epsom salts in the bath to increase the body’s supply of magnesium, essential for the health of bones and muscles.
10. Forgive the angry driver, the obnoxious colleague, or the demanding boss. An increasing cascade of research shows that anger, resentment and frustration produce health-destructive chemicals.